– residency to Jamaica awarded by the Royal Drawing School, following the story of the lace-bark tree.
– Year long residency at the Economic Botany Collection in Kew Gardens, towards a project on the collections of botanist and explorer Richard Spruce. Funded by Arts Council England
– Speaker at roundtable event at Birkbeck University, hosted by Luciana Martins (cultural historian), William Milliken (ethnobotanist) and Antje Southern (art historian).
– Plantae Amazonicae exhibition at the Shirley Sherwood Gallery at Kew Gardens, until March 2018.
The exhibition is a collaboration between Lindsay, botanists at Kew Gardens, and a wider research team. It shows new works alongside a selection of Richard Spruce’s 19th century artefacts from the Amazon. The work has been made in collaboration with Cultural Historian Luciana Martins (Birkbeck, University of London), Ethnobotanist William Milliken (Kew) and Museum Curator Mark Nesbitt (Kew), and includes photography by Elena Heatherwick.
– A site of encounter:Amazonian artefacts and materials. Public talks, Marianne North Gallery, Kew Gardens. Every Sunday in October.
– British Council Residency in The City of the Dead, Cairo.
– The Passengers, exhibition at Sultan Al-Ashraf Qaytbay Mosque and Mausoleum, Cairo.
– Royal Drawing School/Moritz-Heyman Residency in Pignano, Tuscany
– The Professor’s Garden, an exhibition of Ethiopian works at Tallowin, Windmill Street, London.
– Joanna Drew Travel Bursary awarded towards field work in Ethiopia.
– Expedition with entomologists from Museo “La Specola”, The Natural History Museum of Florence, to Southern Vietnam (Cát Tiên and Bidoup Nui Ba National Parks).
– Research trip to the Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Gansu, China for the annual harvest of Yartsa Gunba (Ophiocordyceps sinensis) parasitic fungus.
– Creative Futures at Sura Medura, exhibition at The Briggait, Glasgow.
– Making History, Colombo Art Biennale 2014. Colombo, Sri Lanka
– Sura Medura Residency. International artist residency centre in Hikkaduwa, South West Sri Lanka, maintained by Glasgow based arts charity UZ Arts.
– EX-VOTO, exhibition at Herrick Gallery
– Public Talk at the Lamb Gallery, Dundee University
– Drawn from Structures Living and Dead. The Lamb Gallery, University of Dundee.
– Voříšek’s Weevils in Preserved! blog related to the AHRC Research Network The Cultures of Preservation.
– Of Natural and Mystical Things, the Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh.
– RSA Barns-Graham Residency. In collaboration with the D’Arcgy Thompson Zoology Museum, University of Dundee.